Wednesday, July 11, 2007

remember the gamers

Ahh, E3. My favorite time of year. Even though this year I just read a few updates and otherwsie didn't pay any attention to it. At all. I completely ignored Sony as usual, just hoping that there'd be enough humor in their keynote to replace all the "Giant Enemy Crab" videos on YouTube. The only things Microsoft-wise I am concerned about with are the Elite and Halo 3, and until I get an Elite I'm not too worried about those. Then came Nintendo's press conference. Wow. They need their own convention. They're not dealing with video games any more.

First off, let me say that December 3rd is joining August 27th for the "Most Anticipated Day This Year" for me. I'm pretty excited. The zapper looked pretty cool. But now, we need to get to the big shocker: Wii Fit. What in the world is this Nintendo? A balance board? I don't want my Wii to know how much I weigh!

So apparently video games have officially gotten to the point where they are healthy for you. You can cancel your membership at 24 Hour Fitness, because you can have your body by Wii. I think a better way to get in shape would be to sell Reggie Fils-Aime as a personal trainer. I'd think everyone would be a lot more healthy if they had him in their living room yelling at them to get in shape.

"Reggie, I need a water break, I been in here all day!"
"What did you say?"
"Said, I need a water break."
"A water break? Water is for cowards. Water makes you weak. Water is for washing blood off that Wii-mote and you don't get no blood on my Wii-mote, boy you must be outside your mind! We are going to do up-downs, until Mario is no longer tired, and thirsty. "

I just want some more real games. What every happened to Star Fox 64? (Which, by the way, I recently downloaded and am currently obsessed with)

End of Line.

No comments: